This blog is an account of Jacob and Mike's (Skippy) cross-country trip to move Jacob from Chicago, IL to Irvine, CA. We decided we'd document the trip by making a blog post for every hundred miles we drove, in addition to anything else of interest. There is a map that I made with a thumb tack in each place where we wrote a blog post.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

On where our spare change went

12:49PM CDT | N41°49'24" W89°25'19"

It feels like we've only just left Chicago and yet Jacob's ignorance of the tolls on i88 has been demonstrated four times over. "I think this is the only toll we're going to hit." he told me. It turned out to be the only toll we'd hit for the next ten miles.

We made a discovery that the Megellan RoadMate provides an on-screen keyboard allowing us to type out destination without scrolling through a list of all locations. Jacob now likes the RoadMate a lot more. We are listening to the latest podcast of This American Life for maximum Chicago nostalgia.

I took a picture of the road we're on in accordance with our road trip mandate to create a picture and blog entry for every hundred miles. I get the impression I'll be able to reuse this picture for the next ten entries.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I hope you listen to the This American Life episode about road trips.