This blog is an account of Jacob and Mike's (Skippy) cross-country trip to move Jacob from Chicago, IL to Irvine, CA. We decided we'd document the trip by making a blog post for every hundred miles we drove, in addition to anything else of interest. There is a map that I made with a thumb tack in each place where we wrote a blog post.

Monday, June 4, 2007

As the San Bernadino sky showered over you

1:56PM PDT | N35°11'24" W116°9'16"

We're 73 miles from L.A. and I haven't much to write. I spent most of
the past 100 miles writing the previous blog post. We're now back in an area where much like Nebraska, I have to remember to get the camera out for a shot to go with the post. It's very sandy with mountains off in the distance and the highway has been lined with billboards, power
lines, and numerous businesses and small communities. We're passing through San Bernardino right now so Jacob and I sang the lyrics to a Mountain Goats so which makes mention of the town until we could make an accurate guess as to which song it was or which album it was on. I
ended up finding it and playing that and also Jacob's traditional entering L.A. song, Los Angles, I'm yours by the Decemberists, per his request. I really need to pee. I hope we find a rest stop soon. Looks like we're also running a little low on gas.

No comments: