This blog is an account of Jacob and Mike's (Skippy) cross-country trip to move Jacob from Chicago, IL to Irvine, CA. We decided we'd document the trip by making a blog post for every hundred miles we drove, in addition to anything else of interest. There is a map that I made with a thumb tack in each place where we wrote a blog post.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

No meaning yes?!

4:22PM PDT | N32°48'21" W117°13'57"

I've been in San Diego for a little more than a day now staying at Joe and Eliza's apartment on the most indecisively named street in town and it's been a lot of fun.

Yesterday Joe and I went to the the 976 Cafe, a nearby, hip, vegetarian-friendly eating establishment with free wifi and a large Paul Simon collection. I got a really good Soy Chorizo breakfast burrito. Later we went for a stroll on the beach to check out the sights. The beach was nice and breezy and I was still craving cold after being in the desert for a day.

After Joe left for work I rode his bike up and down the coast line look entertainment or logic puzzles written in the sand. I found neither but I did happen upon a lovely little board walk shop which was nice enough to give me some ice cream in exchange for pictures of their favorite presidents. Later I sat on the beach for a few hours intermittently reading my current reading material: Kevin Mitnick's the Art of Deception, X-Men: From the Ashes, and the latest issue of 2600 magazine.

I continued on to Mission Bay Park, an amusement park surrounded by many beach-front homes rented out by families on vacation. I then rode around a body of water which I presumed to be the park's namesake though didn't look much like a bay from where I rode and it gave little to no indication of having any kind of a mission.

This morning, Joe and I went for a hike in Torrey Pines which is a scenic nature preserve by the water. It was different from most places that I've been hiking, coming from the east coast, where all the hiking is in the mountains and under fairly dense tree cover 'til you hit the alpine zone. Here, there was most bushes and sand and rock over which we could see the ocean for most of the time. The view was really nice and I took several pictures.

After a few hours we headed out to get some lunch before Joe had to go to work again. We went to a sushi place down the street which had some really cool rolls with one kind of fish in side and another laid on top. I called it nigiri-maki. Joe's lunch was on fire.

No comments: