This blog is an account of Jacob and Mike's (Skippy) cross-country trip to move Jacob from Chicago, IL to Irvine, CA. We decided we'd document the trip by making a blog post for every hundred miles we drove, in addition to anything else of interest. There is a map that I made with a thumb tack in each place where we wrote a blog post.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bye Jacob

1:30AM PDT | N32°48'21" W117°13'57"

Jacob and I got to Irvine at around five o'clock and ended the road trip and the first half of my trip. We met up with Molly and went out to dinner at the Vegetarian grill down the street which was pretty good. We later went to the beach and walked around a treacherous peer lined on both sides with people fishing. At one point a fishing rod snapped back over our heads making a loud noise and swinging a hook over our heads. After Jacob and I got out from behind Molly she explained that this place is always like this. I notice there is a conveniently located sushi restaurant on the peer itself and it made me wonder if that's possibly where they get their fish.

Joe drove up from San Diego to pick me up and begin the second part of my journey. One that will undoubtedly find me marooned on a boating dock yards from civilization with no clothing or any memory of the prior 15 minutes. I look forward to such time with excitement and hope you'll all stay with me though the good times and the bad. Unlike that no-good Jacob who stayed in Irvine.

No comments: